Partner with Cyber NYC
We are looking for partners to help train the next generation of New York City’s cybersecurity workforce.
Cyber NYC provides access to local, diverse talent, helping source participants for internships to provide you with extra support from those with fresh learnings and new ideas. It also gives you an early look at the next generation of talent and a pipeline for your future talent needs.
In addition, the program provides partners with networking opportunities with leaders in New York City’s cybersecurity industry and City government.
The program also provides branding and marketing opportunities as a participant in a high-profile initiative with presence on the Cyber NYC website, at events, and in other marketing and PR materials.
- All internships will be paid positions.
- Open to New Yorkers 18+ with an interest in careers in cybersecurity.
- Partner companies can be located anywhere in New York City.
- Interns will be invited to participate in a dynamic range of events, including a pre-internship "Boot Camp" intensive training program, networking receptions, industry career panels, site tours, opportunities to meet industry leaders, and more.
- Have an office in New York City. (Companies are not required to be headquartered in New York City.)
- Assign a supervisor for each intern. This individual's responsibilities should include supervising interns, assessing intern progress, and addressing problems interns may encounter on the job.
- Provide interns with a work experience commensurate with interns’ capabilities that conforms with duration of the internship, and provide supplies, equipment, and services necessary for the work experience.
- Submit a survey response or evaluation report for each intern at least once within two weeks of the conclusion of the internship.
- Agree to serve as the employer of record for the interns and pay them a minimum of $15/hour. We strongly encourage partners to consider paying above minimum wage.
- Comply with all City, State, and federal employment regulations, and provide a safe, healthy, and hazard-free work environment. Partner must pay overtime, as required by law, if a participant works more than 40 hours in a week. Partners will be required to comply with all terms and conditions and sign the full partner agreement to participate.