Join Our Team
NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
Sharing a Passion for NYC
We are dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
With over 500 urban planners, engineers, analysts, marketers, lawyers, press officers, accountants, community organizers, and more, there’s a role for everyone here.
If you have a passion for:
- Strengthening communities
- Developing talent pipelines
- Increasing resiliency
- Sparking innovation
Then we’ve got a place for you.
The people who work here come from every professional and educational background, from all over the world. What they share is a passion for NYC and a commitment to building a sustainable and inclusive economic future.
Diversity & Inclusion
NYCEDC’s Diversity and Inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse and talented workforce. Like the City of New York itself, our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger.
Our Diversity and Inclusion efforts focus on promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion both within NYCEDC and across all of our external projects, programs, and initiatives.
NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate, and inclusive workforce where everyone's contributions are valued and respected.
To help build an inclusive workplace culture, NYCEDC facilitates internal programs such as the Policy to Practice and Brown Bag Lunch series, and the Employee Network Groups:
- The Policy to Practice speaker series aims to strengthen the dialogue between NYCEDC staff and external thought leaders on matters related to economic growth and development in New York City.
- The Brown Bag Lunch internal series is for NYCEDC staff members to share highlights and lessons from their professional journeys and the decisions they made that shaped their careers.
- The Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are voluntary, employee-led groups for shared ideas and common interests outside of employees' business units in support of our diverse workforce, serving as a resource for employees, providing networking and learning opportunities to members, and promoting an inclusive work environment. We currently have ERGs for the Hispanic and Black communities, the LGBTQ community and allies, women's leadership, and parents.