The Cyber NYC Internship Program is the City of New York's innovative internship program designed to support industry and develop NYC’s next generation of cybersecurity professionals.
By the Numbers
Open cyber positions in New York City area
The program facilitates internship placements for New Yorkers in cyber roles at partner companies. Participants are paid by the partner company and have a structured opportunity to develop technical expertise, network with industry leaders, and practice soft skills that are often essential to getting hired and advancing in an occupation.
Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive for all of our interns. Thank you so much for all your help throughout the process, it's been an absolute pleasure working with you all!
Our internship application period is now closed. If you are interested in being part of our Cyber NYC Internship Program community, please sign up for the Cyber NYC Internship Program Meetup.
- Identify, recruit, and place a cohort of diverse interns into paid cybersecurity internships
- Through partnership with industry, develop relevant and attractive industry-informed experiences, including networking opportunities and the practice and development of soft skills
- Provide cybersecurity interns with hands-on technical training that further develops the skills and knowledge needed for success in the cyber industry
- Expand, diversify, and cultivate the city's cybersecurity talent pool
- Convert internship opportunities to careers in cybersecurity
- Build career success and increase upward mobility by providing internships that enable critical thinking, creativity, communication, and collaboration
- Ongoing (year-round): Placement of internship applicants with employer partners
- September 1, 2023: Internship application opens
- October 15, 2023: Application submission deadline
- May 2024: Pre-internship "Boot Camp" intensive training for placed interns
- May – August 2024: Summer internship period