NOTE: Applications for this program are no longer being accepted.
Supporting Queens Small Businesses
The Queens Small Business Grant Program aims to support Queens small businesses that are minority-owned or located in a low- to moderate-income community or a community hardest hit by COVID-19. The program is a partnership between the City and several community-based organizations and offers grants to Queens businesses and vendors with 20 or fewer employees.
Eligible applicants can receive grants equaling three months of their average 2019 revenue, up to $20,000.
Applicants must demonstrate that they meet the following criteria to be considered for a grant:
- Be located in Queens
- Operate as a first-floor storefront business, a second-floor restaurant, or a street vendor
- Storefront businesses include food service, retail, childcare, and personal services (barber, nail salon, etc.). They do not include professional services like accountants’ or lawyers’ offices, even if they operate in a first-floor space.
- Have been in operation since June 1, 2019, or before
- Employed 20 or fewer full time equivalent employees in 2019
- Earned gross revenue of less than $1 million in 2019, or less than $3 million if a restaurant
- Have no tax liens or unresolved judgments
- Generated a profit or came close to breaking-even in 2019
All applicants must submit a completed application and following documents:
- 2019 tax returns (personal or business, whichever includes the business revenue)
- A signed copy of a 4506-C form for the tax return submitted
- Three most recent months of business bank statements
- Copy of a government-issued identification card
- If requested: A letter from the applicant’s landlord, on the landlord’s letterhead, that states that the applicant is meeting their current obligation to their landlord
Street vendors must also submit the following items:
- Most recent New York State Quarterly Sales Tax filing
- General Vendor License (if relevant to your vendor type)
- Mobile Food Vending License (if relevant to your vendor type)
How to Apply
Applications for this program are no longer being accepted.
Explore Other Programs