New York City is committed to 100-percent clean electricity by 2040 and carbon neutrality by 2050. This requires a shift to renewable energy, including offshore wind (OSW). NYC is well positioned to lead the way in the growing OSW industry and has committed to investing approximately $191 million in the industry over the next 15 years. And as a key player in New York City’s maritime economy through our management of ports, piers, terminals, and ferry landings, NYCEDC has direct access to marine and waterfront contracting opportunities.
The Offshore Wind (OSW) NYC Waterfront Pathways Program is being launched by NYCEDC to counter documented disparities in public procurement by increasing opportunities for minority-owned, women-owned, and disadvantaged business enterprises (M/W/DBEs) in the OSW and waterfront industries.
Firms that complete the OSW NYC Waterfront Pathways Program will:
- Become prequalified and competitive against similarly sized businesses for NYCEDC contracts
- Gain valuable experience working on transformative New York City projects to meet the city’s growing clean energy needs
- Receive on-the-job technical assistance to ensure success on site
- Access top-notch training developed by industry experts
- Form networks with established OSW and waterfront firms
Get Prequalified to Work on NYCEDC Projects
Firms must apply to become part of the Waterfront Pathways Prequalified List, a pool of contractors with exclusive access to opportunities on designated projects. NYCEDC offers flexible bonding and insurance requirements as well as fast-track payment to ensure opportunities are accessible to smaller contractors. NYCEDC will prequalify engineering services, construction firms, and suppliers in a wide variety of trades pertaining to waterfront construction and offshore wind including:
|MEP, civil, structural, crane engineering, etc.
|Surveying (bathymetric, geophysical, environmental, etc.)
|Construction estimating & budgeting
|Testing (environmental, geotechnical, etc.)
|Marine & maritime logistics
|Safety consultants & training
|Wetlands & mitigation specialists
Apply to the Waterfront Pathways Program
Increasing opportunities for minority-owned, women-owned, and disadvantaged business enterprises interested in the waterfront and offshore wind industries.Learn More
|Fence, security, & sitework
|Carpentry (dock building, piling, etc.)
|Electrical (installation, fabrication, etc.)
|Concrete and precast
|Barge & tugging Services
Capacity Building by M/W/DBEs for M/W/DBEs
The OSW NYC Waterfront Pathways Program includes training from M/WBE experts. Training is intended to set prequalified M/W/DBEs up for success. Participants will have access to the following class topics:
- Orientation to NYCEDC contracts
- Project management and supervision
- Bidding strategies for public-sector opportunities
- Technical administration for OSW and waterfront-adjacent firms
- Legal contract administration
- Accounting & financial infrastructure
- Safety management (specific to compliance with BOEM, USCG, OSHA, NYC & NYS)
- Risk-mitigation strategies
- Eligibility screening. Fill out this short application to verify your eligibility for the Program. Eligibility applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Invitation to apply. Once an eligibility determination has been made, a representative of the program will send eligible candidates the full application.
- Invitation to interview. A select group of candidates who complete the application and are determined to be the best fit for the program will receive an invitation to interview. Candidates who are not selected for an interview will be notified.
- Approval and admittance to the program