HireNYC is a free program run by NYCEDC that connects the City's workforce development services to real estate developers and businesses undertaking economic development projects across the city. The program can deliver job-ready, qualified New Yorkers to your project, while creating local employment opportunities for low-income New Yorkers.
- Free recruitment and hiring services
- Access to job-ready and qualified candidates from the local community
- Full vetting and screening process based on your business’ open job specification
- Complete recruitment and marketing strategy development based on your hiring needs
- Administrative leadership and support in hosting recruitment events
- Space to host recruitment events or interviews
The Hiring Process:
- Contact HireNYC staff six months prior to the commencement of business operations related to your project
- Your recruitment manager will meet with the HireNYC team to help lead marketing and candidate screenings for your project
- HireNYC will develop a marketing and recruitment strategy designed to meet your company’s recruitment needs and the program’s goals
- HireNYC will screen candidates and refer them to you based on your criteria
- You will interview all the candidates and make a final hiring decision
For ongoing hiring when five or more positions are open, you’ll work with on a referral process with HireNYC that would follow a similar process to an initial hiring.
Assistant Vice President, Opportunity M/W/DBE
Program Manager, Opportunity M/W/DBE
Have a Position to Fill?
Contact: [email protected]
Explore Other Programs